Want to know whether it is possible to install Kodi on your Playstation console? Of course, you can install Kodi on your PS4 and PS3. Do you know how? In this article, we’ll guide you on how to install Kodi on PS4.
Guide to install Kodi on PS4
Officially, Kodi will not work on your Playstation console. However, we have found two reliable methods to get the streaming platform on your gaming console.
- Install Kodi on PS4 using Plex
- Install Kodi on PS4 using Ubuntu
Steps to Install Kodi on PS4 using Plex
Step 1: Download and Install Plex
- Turn on the PS4 console.
- Navigate to Home Screen > Playstation store app.
- Find Plex with the help of a search bar.
- Press the Start button to download it on your PS4, and Kodi enabled device.
Step 2: Set up Plex on PS4 and Kodi device
- Open the Plex.
- Set up your account to “Create a Managed User.”
- Enter the required credentials to create the Plex account on your Kodi device.
- Once your Pled account is created, verify your email address.
- Now, head to the PS4 and open Plex.
- Press the “Add an Existing Plex user” and enter the login details that you have used to create your Plex account.
Step 3: Link both PS4 and Kodi enabled device
- Now create a bond between the PS4 and Kodi device.
- Open the Plex on your Kodi device and navigate to the System Tab.
- Then, head over to the Settings tab.
- Now, enable the “show Camera Roll,” “Network Discovery,” and Advertise as a Server option.
- After allowing the options, you can start streaming the media on your PS4 and Kodi device.
Steps to install Kodi on PS4 using Ubuntu
Some may think of why we use Ubuntu in the Kodi PS4 installation guide. Well, Ubuntu is one of the Kodi’s officially supported platforms that enables you to run Kodi directly on your PS4 console.
- Ubuntu OS that is accessible on the official site.
- 16GB USB drive to create a bootable disk on your Ubuntu.
- Linux Boot loader for PS4 console.
- Install Virtual Box on your PC.
Step 1: Create a bootable USB drive for Ubuntu
- Open the Virtual box installed on your computer and select “New” from the top bar.
- Click on “Create a Virtual Machine” and name it as PS4.
- Now, in the Type section, select Linux, and under the Version section, select Ubuntu 64-bit.
- Press the Next option.
- On the following screen, choose “Do not add a Virtual Hard disk” and click on the “Create” option.
- Now on the following screen, navigate to Settings > Storage > Attributes > Optical Drive > CD icon.
- Now using the file browser, search for the Ubuntu Os file and open it.
- Now move back to the Storage menu and click the USB icon.
- Then choose the USB drive that you have connected to your PC.
Step 2: Install Ubuntu on your PlayStation 4 console
- Connect your bootable Ubuntu drive that you have created for the PS4 console.
- Turn on the PS4.
- Navigate to the Settings > user guide.
- Click on the PS4 playground option on the following screen.
- Under the Linus loader, choose Load and wait until the Linux console boots up.
- Now, type disk, then “mount/dev/sdb2 newroot/” and enter to load the Ubuntu.
- Once you’ve set the path, press S to skip the error message.
Step 3: Install Kodi on PS4
- Choose the Ubuntu icon and double click on it.
- Enter “sudo apt-get installed software-properties-common.”
- Select Yes when it prompts user permission.
- Now, enter “sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa”.
- Type in “sudo apt-get update.”
- Wait until the update gets over.
- Enter “sudo apt-get install Kodi.”
- Press Yes.
When it comes to the gaming console, Installing Kodi on it is not an easy task, especially when you are a beginner. But we hope, our ultimate guide might have helped you install Kodi on your PlayStation without any difficulties. If you need other detailed step to install and stream Kodi on PS4 article, then read the guide. Thank you for reading the article.